Tuesday, July 29, 2008



Lonesome Twosum

July 10, this date has very special significance in my life. No! It’s not the day I lost my virginity!! I know people who would have assumed that because I said “special significance”, so pardon me if you didn’t. Exactly 2 years back at 10:15 am on a sunny Monday morning a young management graduate walked into white canvas for the first day of his first job. Today, when I look back at my journey I realize that I am stuck in a peculiar place, I have so many memories of people, work, clients, parties, achievements but I realize I have nobody here whom I can share all of this with. So by now you must have realized that this entry is about me cribbing about my loneliness. There you go, that was a disclaimer.
From school to college, I’ve always been a somebody who’s had a lot of friends, I’ve always had friend who were there for me when I needed them and vice-versa. And here I am, completed two years of working and there is nobody from my work place who came and asked me which was my best memories or how I felt today. I don’t know if I am being too demanding as a co-worker, but I would have loved to sit at Windsor pub with them and share my memories over a few beers. Yes, I love nostalgia but I’m sure I’m not the only one.
During my stint here I’ve not made any enemies, but it’s almost shattering to know that neither have I made any friends. Maybe I’m trying to behave professionally, maybe I just didn’t make the effort, maybe even they didn’t. These are just few of the thoughts that linger in my mind now.
Here’s another irony in my story, I did manage to make one friend here and it was someone whom I had known just for two months as against the rest of them whom I’ve known for eight months to two years. But the day after Neeti finished her internship and left, the reality of situation hit me right in my face.
Well that’s pretty much my situation right now. Just thought I’d feel better if I wrote it all out.

1 comment:

Leela Muthana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.